26 July 2013

Mounting a Society Display

I've previously mentioned the 4th annual One World - One Family conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Brampton on Saturday August 24, 2013. I'll be speaking on Family Secrets Revealed by DNA Analysis. It's just as well I'll be presenting twice as there are many other worthwhile presentations.

The organizers asked if I wanted a table for a display and I immediately answered yes without a clear idea of how to use it. My basement already holds a poster for the International Society of Genetic Genealogy, I'll be taking along some "I'm a Genetic Genealogist" buttons to give to those who've already taken a DNA test. What else? Kelly Wroot, Archivist for the Kluane First Nation, recently mentioned how googling "Information booth" leads to a boatload of ideas at http://www.wikihow.com/Organize-and-Run-a-Booth. I'll use a couple of them; maybe they'll be helpful to you in improving your society conference display.

No comments: